We are thrilled today to announce that our DICE token is now available on HitBTC.
Founded in 2013 with 6 million euro venture capital, HitBTC provides trading services to individual traders. The HitBTC trading platform is known for its state-of-the-art matching engine, multi-currency support as well as its friendly customer service.
The core matching engine at HitBTC is among the most advanced technological products in its class and implements innovative features such as real-time clearing, advanced order matching algorithms and has been acclaimed for its fault-tolerance, uptime and high availability.
We are thrilled to announce our game is now back online after network-wide congestion in the form of a large backlog of failed transactions (due to the recent MYST and BAT ICOs) forced us to pause the game. Happy days!
Let’s talk about gas prices.
There have been some interesting developments within the Ethereum community over the past 24 hours in regards to handling the recent spike in gas prices. The current plan is a concerted effort to recommend miners reduce the base gas price to ~1/4 the current rate. We will also combine this with our own optimizations in order to reduce our gas costs even further. You can read more about the proposed solutions below.
Gas prices have risen ~x5 since we launched. The median price for a transfer is now ~10c, compared to when we launched the median price was ~2c http://ethgasstation.info/. Homestead does not have a gas market and the majority of miners are not reducing the base gas price, which has risen in-line with the recent rise in ether.
1) The plan is to reduce the base gas price to ~1/4 of the current rate. This will not happen overnight, but it is definitely a step in the right direction.
2) We have solid plans in place to reduce our gas costs significantly. We will be working with our oracle in order to update our smart-contract to receive unused gas back as a refund from the oracle. This update has always been an important part of our development road-map.
3) Metropolis will deliver a gas market – gas prices should become more competitive.
4) General contract optimization. We intend to take a closer look at ways in which we can optimize our contract to further save on gas costs.
We are working on getting the game and our systems back up and running ASAP. We too are currently experiencing issues with Ethereum node syncs, but once these issues have been sorted we will be back up and running. We apologize for the delays. We know you are all eager to see us back online, we are too. Massive record spikes in transactions recently across the network are hampering our ability to get back up and running as quickly and smoothly as we would like to https://etherscan.io/chart/tx. There is currently a 2 hour backlog of transactions due to the BAT ICO. 24 seconds of token sale, followed by a 3+ hour backlog of failed transactions. We will keep you updated.
There were 2600txs queued up on the ethereum network. We are working to resolve the game back to normal status once the network has cleared. For now, the game is paused until the txs queue is cleared. Any unprocessed games will be processed ASAP. Thank you for your patience.
*UPDATE: Network wide transaction backlog has been cleared. We await our oracle to come back online. We will keep you updated accordingly. We apologize for the recent delays.
*UPDATE 2: https://twitter.com/oraclizeit/status/869768436058083328. We will go live once the service normalizes and all issues are resolved 100%. We will provide updates accordingly.
Thank you for your patience. A couple of items;
- For now we only fully support Mist browser. Do not use Metamask + Chrome. It is important that you follow the instructions on our ‘How to Play’ tab.
- Considering the recent rise in ether we have reduced the minimum bet to 0.1 ether.
- If you are still seeing ‘offline – maintenance’ when you load the page, right click the page loaded in Mist and select inspect element > Network > check the box ‘disable cache’, then right click the page again and select ‘Reload’. Mist is very aggressive with caching, but this should solve any caching issues you may be experiencing.
- The bankroll has been loaded with the funds from the discontinued contract and we start from where we previously left off.
- New contract address: 0xece701c76bd00d1c3f96410a0c69ea8dfcf5f34e
A big thank you to the community for the level of patience and support you have shown us over the past couple of days, we are extremely happy to be back online. We can now look forward to getting back to the business of improving the platform and moving forward with our big ticket items, as discussed previously in our 3-6 month development road-map. Let’s roll!
Work completes today on updates to our smart contract and we begin internal testing of these changes; easier proof verification, improved fall-backs in the case of an oracle or data-source failure. This process should take us into Sunday. This being the case we are aiming for a live deployment early in the week.
Prior to the next live launch, funds from the discontinued game will be moved back into the primary bankroll multi-sig wallet before being transferred into the updated contract for go-live. The bankroll will pick up where it left off. e will update the community accordingly via our communication channels as progress is made.
In other news; we have opened dialogue with a UX/UI consultant and trusted designer to assist us in these departments into and during the next phases of the project. New designs will include mobile versions, in preparation for deployment to Status.im.
Research into the new Ledger hardware based RNG generator with on-chain proof verification supplied by Oraclize has also begun, and we are excited to begin testing this out on test-net in the coming days and weeks before potentially migrating over to this new system for our RNG (TBC).
Thank you once again for all of your support and patience as we work on delivering this next round of improvements to our game. Let’s roll!
Our site is back online. After a 24+ hour period of our server being under heavy DDOS attack we have migrated servers, upgraded, and implemented various server improvements to protect ourselves against future DDOS attacks. Whilst the particular DDOS attack we were under still has not stopped, we were able to solve the issue. Just another day in crypto really.
We can now get back to the business of updating, testing and re-deploying our smart-contract with improved fall-backs for any and all cases of oracle and/or data-source failures.
We do sincerely apologize for the recent downtime, and we really look forward to the game going live again ASAP. As of this very moment, we don’t want to give exact timings, but rest assured the game will be deployed onto main-net and live again as a matter of priority, always with safety in mind. Thank you for your patience.