Development Update + Live Deployment Schedule

We have just received our partially completed security audit (round #2) which still looks to continue for the next couple of days. As such, we are delaying the soft launch by a few days as we continue to finalize details of the audit. We fully expect to launch next week, without any further delay (exact date TBC). We do apologize for the delay, but would like to remind people of the importance of not rushing this particular phase for the sake of internal deadlines.

You can expect our next update to come from us Monday.

Development Update 03/16/17 + Live Deployment Schedule

We are currently finalizing our game smart-contract in preparation for a 3rd-party security audit next week of our go-live game contract. This won’t be the final game contract we ever write.

This security audit will again be performed by Piper Merriam who assisted in securing our initial test-net smart-contract and crowdfund codebase and we are once again very happy to have him reviewing our code. By the time we submit our contracts again for audit next week, we will have made only a few relatively small adjustments code wise, but these adjustments still need to be audited before go-live (this is round #2 of security audits on the game code).

Live Deployment Date is Scheduled for 31st March 2017 
We are penciling in a live deployment date of 31st March 2017 pending the timing and results of our 3rd party security audits all go according to plan next week (which they should!).

For live launch, safety of our valued token holders ether is absolutely priority #1. We will be launching our beta to main-net with a very limited bankroll (size TBC) for the first few weeks to ensure the contract runs smoothly and to limit risk to the community bankroll.

As we have seen recently with the delay of the ENS, go-live can be a different beast to test-net deployments even after security audits and a successful beta running on test-net. We do not have concerns about our live launch, this is just to be on the safe side.

Our beta live launch of the game contract will have more central governance from us than we would like, but this is just as we warm up the engines to get things rolling on main-net. As time progresses (over the next 3 months) we intend to strip away as much central governance as we can from the game contract, until it can run as autonomously as possible. There is generally a trade-off between total decentralization and safety mechanisms. For the moment, we believe the latter to be a more important characteristic, but fear not, we will not lose site of the former, after all, that is why we are all here in the first place.

We will essentially roll-out a ‘soft-launch’ of the live game and until things are running smoothly we won’t be running banner campaigns or marketing the site until we are comfortable the contract is performing perfectly.

Once our game contract is live and running smoothly with the limited bankroll we can crank up the game balance eventually to its maximum. After which, we can then focus our attention on finalizing development and security audits of the final ‘reward’ contract. We will be providing instructions on how token holders can interact with the ‘reward’ contract, as well as launch a test-net page for you so you can get a feel as to how the rewards contract will function late April.

Tokens become transferable on May 15th and as we get closer to that date we will be announcing our progress in regards to tokens being listed on exchanges.

In regards to our live launch, everything is on track and currently running according to schedule. You can expect our next status update to come from us in 7 days time.

Bitcoin Casinos Recorded US$4,000 Worth of BTC Wagered Every Minute In February of 2017

It is evident there is a bright future ahead of bitcoin in the online gambling industry With multiple casinos accepting bitcoin payments already, it is only a matter of time until the next wave of adoption comes rolling in. It appears as if the casinos who accept bitcoin already saw an average of US$4,000 worth of Bitcoin wagered every minute between February and March.

Development update

Like to watch?

We have just added functionality which allows you to watch all betting and game results for all players. To view all betting and game results click the ‘All bets’ tab, or, review only your latest bets by clicking the ‘Your bets’ tab.

These updates are front-end only, with no changes to our core smart-contract code. We love to hear feedback as we continue to add functionality and tweak the platform, hopefully making for a better gaming experience for all of our players.

You may need to clear your cache to see these updates. If you are still seeing the old ‘paused’ game when using the Mist browser, right click and ‘inspect element’ then click ‘network’ and check the ‘disable cache’ checkbox, then reload. Mist browser seems to hold on to cache quite aggressively, but this will clear all cache in the Mist browser.

*Note: the all bets tab is not a true reflection of all bets that have been placed since our original testnet launch as we updated to a new contract only a few days ago. Ropsten is still a little shaky, so any discrepancy in the displays will likely be due to sync issues on Ropsten.


Testnet Ropsten looks to be normalized

We are currently performing internal tests and improvements to our codebase which we will be pushing back up to Ropsten in the coming days (likely within 48-72 hours).

We are still on track for a live deployment of late March. All systems are go, we are on track and running to schedule as planned.

We have been contacted by and look to add support for mobile in the very near future. No hard dates on that just yet, but we will keep you posted.

Don’t forget to ask your favorite exchange to list our ÐICE token, the more requests exchanges have from customers, the more support we will have on exchanges. We will keep you updated as to the progress in regards to listing of ÐICE on exchanges.

Don’t forget, ÐICE is still locked, you will not be able to transfer them for +11 weeks after the end of our crowdfund.